Wine tourism from Casa Lucía
Our vine lands are the largest, oldest and best preserved vine ecosystem in Spain. A unique geographical, human and cultural landscape.
One of the only areas that have two certificates of origin: DOP Utiel-Requena for wine and DO Cava.
Bobal is the native species from the district, the queen of the show. Red wines produced with these grapes have really vivid colors, good body and complex flavors. They also have an interesting feature: they slow down cellular aging.
Requena is the main cava producing area besides Cataluña. Year after year, the quality of the cavas from Requena has been recognised with many awards.
Most of the wineries are spread along the land, surrounded by their vineyards, so visiting them is a special experience.
TASTING AT HOME: If you don’t feel like going outside to taste some wines, we will bring them to you. An interesting option made possible with the help of Ferevin (wine makers association), located 100m apart from Casa Lucía.
- Murviedro’s historical winery: A small winery located in the old town.
- Chozas Carrascal: Located in the middle of their own vineyards. Some of their wines are categorized as pago wines (single-estate wines). They also produce cava and olive oil.
- Dominio de La Vega: Placed in a majestic house 6 km from Requena. One of the pioneers in the production of cava.
- Hispano+Suizas: The most awarded one. You can enjoy lovely sunsets over their vineyards.
- Hoya de Cadenas: They have an impressive barrel room and a train to visit the vineyards. 30 km away from Requena.
- Mustiguillo: One of the greatest, with their own certificates of origin and member of Grandes Pagos de España.
- Nodus: Located in Caudete de las Fuentes. Apart from the wines and the vineyards, you can visit their centenary holm oaks.
- Pago de Tharsys: The closest to Requena and the most visited one. It features a beautiful underground winery. Their most exclusive wines are pago wines.
- Vegalfaro: In the middle of a pine forest in la Vega del Magro. They uphold organic production and some of their wine are pago wines.
- Vera de Estenas: Near Utiel. One of the forefathers in producing high quality wines. Some of their wines are pago wines.
- Vinos y Sabores ecológicos: A tiny winery owned by a wine expert. The first to produce organic wine from start to finish.
And many, many more.
All the information about wine making can be found in the DO Utiel-Requena website.